Thursday, February 27, 2014

House Mouse Love….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I know it’s not spring yet (oh how I wish it was), but I have been doing a bit of clean up in my craft room and came across this little gem by House Mouse in a box of rubber stamps that I had completely forgotten about.  I think it’s time some of these older rubber stamps see the light of day again!  I got so used to using digital that I forgot how I love using my rubber stamps.  I don’t know but there is something special when you ink up that stamp and hope for the best when you apply it to the cardstock.  Then you breathe a sigh of relief that it stamped beautifully….lol.  Guess I am just crazy that way!

Anyway this House Mouse stamp is called “Together Under The Moon”.  I colored the image with Copics then used Spellbinders oval and scalloped dies to mount it.  I got to try a new technique today and I loved it!  I used my very first stencil and embossing paste for the background paper.  The stencil is called “Falling Stars” and it’s a Simon Says Stamp product.  I mixed the paste with ink from the Hero Arts Shadow Ink pad.  The color was “pool”.  If you go to the Simon Says Stamp blog they always have lots of tutorials and techniques using different products.  This is where I got the idea to use the stencil and embossing paste.  The “love you” is a SSS die and the “forever” is from the SSS “Always & Forever” clear stamps set.

Hope you are having a wonderful day and hey if you come across some of those old stamps bring them out and play with them again!!

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges – Use Paste To Create Texture.

House Mouse Challenges – #164 Anything Goes.

Make It Monday – #180 Anything Goes.

Love To Create Challenges – #104 Anything Goes.

Card Mania Challenges – #41 Use A Sentiment.

Tuesday Throwdown – #184 Anything Goes.

Through The Craft Room Door – Always Anything Goes.

Sentimental Sundays – #195 Make Your Own Background.

MarkerPOP challenges – #37 Anything Goes.

Make Something Monday Challenges – #8 Stamping.

 

 

 

 

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for participating in our Make Something Monday Challenge over at Where Life Meets Art! I love House Mouse! And, I also have to admit, I hold my breath when stamping, too! It's such a pleasure when it stamps perfectly with no spots missing! ;) I love how you have their tails hanging out the bottom! :) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Marilyn.I love the cute image and their little tails hanging over the edge.Fabulous papers and love the sentiment die..great card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image, love the way the tails fall out of the frame! Thank you for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marilyn :-) the image is adorable and I love how you coloured the moon and sky . The falling stars look fab too, one of my most fave stencils :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am sure glad you cleaned up your craft room and came across that House Mouse Stamp. Even happier that you played along with us at House Mouse & Friends this week. You did a fantastic job with your coloring and the evening sky is just perfect. I just purchased and received that Falling Stars stencil. Can't wait to see what I can do with it. Your's came out lovely. Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Your embossing is lovely. I'm so glad that you used some of your older stamps. It's like seeing an old friend again, isn't it? :) Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and image. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, such a sweet image. I love the mice and and the whole feel of the card. Sure would warm the heart of the recipient! Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday.

    Have a great week
    Rachael :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a really beautiful and sweet card Marilyn!!! I love how you've created the background starry sky! great technique! and you are right... the rubber stamps tend to be forgotten also in my drawers... I might go through them this weekend and see what I find! thank you so much for joining us in our Make your own background paper at Sentimental Sundays !
    Mirella DK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a darling card! I saw it at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww how cute! This is one of my favorite House-Mouse images. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww your little mice are adorable! And a really clever way to make a background! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the image! And the sentiment die is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very cute card. I love the image and the great design, Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

    Marilyn, I think this has always been a favorite image of mine! Love your stenciled sky!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful job you did coloring this stamped image and designing your card around it.
    So glad you dusted off the mice and inked them up. thanks for joining us for the house Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a treasure to find this stamp again...it's so cute! Beautiful background you made for this image!

    ReplyDelete