Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Kraftin’ Kimmie Anything But A Card Challenge

This week the challenge on the  Kraftin' Kimmie blog is to create anything but a ‘card’.  So I decided to use another of the lovely “Lulu” stamps and make a door hanger.  My first one ever!!!

Lulu Door Hanger

I’m quite pleased with it, and I plan on giving it to my little neighbour Maya.  I colored the image with Copics, then cut her out and attached to the hanger.  I’ve used Spellbinder dies for the hole, and added gems for sparkle, and what little girl doesn’t love sparkle!  The butterflies are made using the butterfly punch by Martha Stewart.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I also added some stickles to her dress and bow and hair baubles.  Here is a close up of the image and butterflies.

Door Hanger Close Up

I added the faux stitching with a black sharpie.  I so love the little grin on the face of this image. 

Have a wonderful evening, and thanks for stopping.

Marilyn

Challenges:

Kraftin' Kimmie – #131 ABC – Anything But A Card.

Paper Crafting Journey – #10 Anything For Kids Goes.

Paper Play – Week 22 Double Delight.

Crazy 4 Challenges – C4C139 Butterflies.

Paper Pretties – Use Bling.

The Cutie Pie Challenge – #19 Die Cuts and/or Punches.

Paper Take Weekly – Anything Goes.

Top Tip Tuesday – #78 Sparkles Galore.

Try It On Tuesday – Anything Goes.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colours - love this door hanger, great detail and fabulous colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at PP this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely door hanger hunny and LOVE all the sparkly Gems too! great job! Glad you could play along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this time hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure she will teasure this thank you for joining us at TIOT, love the 3d butterflies.EE

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow stunning creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your neighbor is one very lucky girl! Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our sparkly challenge. Best of luck to you!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete