Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge

Sassy Cheryl's  challenge this week is a sketch.  I’m using the “Ladybug” digital stamp by Sassy Cheryl’s.

Ladybug

The image is colored with Copics, and then layered on the oval and scalloped dies by Spellbinders.  The flowers and butterfly are made with punches by Martha Stewart. 

I had a ball with this image.  I actually had to color the image three times.  The first time I printed it on a new cardstock I thought I would give a try, but it ended up causing the copics to bleed.  So I went back to the cardstock I use all the time, but that ended up being just plain white cardstock, so the copics wouldn’t blend….. what a nightmare!!!  Finally, I used a new sheet of my Xpress Copic paper, and voila image colored with no problems.  Lesson to myself, stick with what you know works, and keep cardstock always separated!

Hope you are having a good week! Thanks for stopping by.

Marilyn

Challenges:

Sassy Cheryl's – #117 Sketch.

Southern Girls – #45 Dying To Die Cut/or Punch.

Crafty Ann's – #65 Butterflies and Flowers.

The Crafty Pad – #172 Colors of Your Countries Flag (Canada Red and White).

Celebrate The Occasion – #64 Anything Goes.

Crafty Sentiments – Anything Goes.

Kaboodle Doodles – Anything Goes.

Party Time Tuesdays – #PTT70 Anything Goes.

Shopping Our Stash – #53 May Flowers.

Make It Monday – #91 Anything Goes.

23 comments:

  1. Love your card....just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card....just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, your card is so pretty. Such a sweet image. Love the polka dots. Thanks for entering it in our challenge this week at Kaboodle Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! this is one of my all time favorite Sassy images! she has such character.. your colors and coloring are wonderful! love this!
    Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Sketch challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and I love that spotty paper....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card Marilyn, your image was well worth colouring three times, it's fab.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card, colours are just perfect. Thanks for joining us at SGC, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Marilyn, your colouring is fabulous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spotted your card on MIM. I love the polka dot paper you have used and the image is really sweet. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I LOVE it, great take on the sketch too :)

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Thanks so much for laying at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you intensely dislike the do-overs? Gah! But yes, we usually learn something for our efforts. This is a very (very) pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I am in LOVE with this GORGEOUS card. It's simply stunning! Love, love, love the red. My fav!!!
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Sketch challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What do I love about this??? I don't even know where to begin. My goodness..it's ALL so completely adorable. I really love the layout and the bright colors and the placement of the sentiment. An all over super adorable card. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flowers and DP's on your card, your image is just fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, I LOVE IT!! Fab layout, great DPs and adorable image, all put together perfectly to create a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for linking up with us at THE CRAFTY PAD for our 'colours of your flag' challenge this week.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fabulous image! Love the monochromatic scheme you've used. Great card!

    Thanks for joining us for our Diecuts challenge this fortnight.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Southern Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    Kath
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful project - Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marilyn!! You go, girl! I just love this card...this SC image is one of my faves. I actually have her...but haven't gotten around to coloring her yet! Shame on me! Love the bright colors...and your coloring is stunning, as always! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Marilyn, beautiful card love the colour palette and your colouring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete