Monday, May 14, 2012

Magnolia Down Under Sketch Challenge

Happy Monday everyone, hope you all had a wonderful week-end.  I’ve discovered the challenge blog Magnolia Down Under this week-end, and decided to dust off my rubber stamps and play along.  I love my Magnolia stamps, but often forget about them.  My daughter finds them creepy.  She doesn’t like it that they don’t have a  nose or mouth!

Tilda

This sketch was great, because I could use a lot of my left over scraps of designer paper.  I sponged on the background clouds with distress ink.  I colored the image with Copics (my favourite coloring medium).  The bench is a digital image, which I cut out and added to the scene, so that she would have something to sit on.  The butterfly, and ferns are punches by Martha Stewart, and the white swirls and leaves are a die cut by Creatables.

Challenges:

Magnolia Down Under – #146 Sketch (Option of Doilies and Do Hickeys).

Simon Says Stamps – Sweet Tooth.

Cute Card Thursday – #216 Food or Drink.

Come And Get It Challenges – Color Combo.

Stamptacular Sunday – #163 Butterfly Kisses.

The Corrosive Challenges – #149 Flowers, Doilies and Bling.

Make It Monday – #89 Anything Goes.

OLLCB – #105 Ribbon or Twine (Or Both).

Simon Says Stamp And Show – Anything Goes.

OSAAT – #113 Use Your Favourites.

24 comments:

  1. Stunning card and colours Marilyn. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love your details and the layering of your card. thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..... wonderful coloring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job Marilyn, Thanks for playing with our colors at Come and Get It this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card. I love how you have used a digi and rubber to create your scene.
    Thanks for sharing your creation and favorites with us at One Stitch At A Time this week.Hope to see you back next week
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Marilyn!

    Glad you joined us for the challenge at Come and Get It,.....Good Luck!

    Shell~Alaska♥
    CGIC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Maggie creation!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. I saw this Beautiful card on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this so sweet!Lots of techniques used too. Congrats on your win with your fairy card over at Bearly mine too! It was lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! You colored this sweet image beautifully!


    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m entry #97)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! I love how cute the image is and how the rest of you works works so well with it. Thanks so much for taking the time to post on our Come and Get it Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh how I love this iamge! What a lovely job you did with this sketch card! Your coloring is devine too!
    Thanks for joing us this week at Stamptatcular Sunday Challenge,
    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card and the way you have used the colours. All the little details - Wow! Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It Challenge. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable sweetie and I love your cloud formation. I spotted you on MIM this time. I am no 123.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You amaze me. ANOTHER adorable card. I could look at your work all day. :o)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card lovely clouds and great sketch, thank you for joining us at stamptacular

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous card...I love your coloring!
    Thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet card! Tilda looks beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh I love this, all the pretty details :) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT xxx
    p.s I have candy on my sidebar if you would like to pop over and enter www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marilyn, this is so very pretty. Love your coloring (as usual). The papers are so pretty and girly, too. So glad to see you crafting and blogging again. Thanks so much for joining the challenge at the Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. awwww this is so sweet, love the flowers and flourishes so glad you joined us at OLL this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! She is so cute, with her lollipop. Awesome image and great coloring and beautiful DP. I saw your creation on MIM. Hugs

    ReplyDelete